Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wednesday at my home...

Since tomorrow is September first, I have been looking for some new fall decoration for our home. I went to Walmart and they had nothing in the seasonal kitchen towels like I normally find but they did have this pack of rooster kitchen towels and potholders and I just love the color of the set, fall colors...some of my favorite.


Rooster kitchen set~




















 This is what they look like all unbundled~
























these are some stitcheries I finished up almost a year ago but as you can tell have not finished them~
I don't know what to do with them. I was thinking of making just some mini wall hangings out of them but am not sure. Maybe they will just sit here and collect dirt and dust :)
















Today I moved all of the furniture in the living room that can be moved and vac/mopped under everything. I did this just a few months ago and was suprised to find so much dust under everything. Now I know it is clean under things and tomorrow I will be febreezing everything and it will all smell wonderful.

Roger is taking off Friday of this week and Monday of next week(for Labor day) so he will have a nice 4 day weekend. I will enjoy his being home as I miss him when he is gone all day long.

My daughter Jennifer mentioned that the grandkids have been enjoying school, especially Katie as she gets to ride the school bus to and from school. Dylan is getting so big, not physically but age wise actually they both are.

We are planning a small get together for Roger's new sister at our home the weekend of Sept. 10 and we are looking forward to seeing her and her husband again. Nothing fancy or big, just a BBQ and some good company.

Blessings, JoAnn

1 comment:

DeNiece Barnes said...

Joann I love the rooster set. You know I am so looking forward to the Fall, As soon as we finish cleaning up the yard from Hurricane Irene then I will start on my Fall decor. Also I am so glad the children are liking school and that you guys will be able to have another wonderful get together with Rodger's sister and her husband. Just wanted you to know that we were fine over here on the east coast the house was fine just no power and trees down every where in the yard and the neighborhood. But we now have power and we are almost finish cleaning up the yard and our neighbor hood.