Thursday, September 1, 2011

A busy baking day for me today....

Hello and thanks for stopping by today at my blog, Today is the first of September and even though the temp outside is still blazing in the high 90's I was in a baking mood. I wanted to put some things in the freezer for later on.


I looked in the fruit basket and found these~




Perfect for banana bread, Here are two loaves waiting to go in the oven~


Out from the oven and they smell so good~



Next to go in the oven was a pan of brownies~


Out and cooling on the counter top~


Next up was a batch of cupcakes, I will freeze these without frosting and frost them when I thaw them~



all done and also cooling~


My  kitchen was a mess today and I mean a big mess as you can tell by these pictures~


countertops full of stuff~



Kitchen sink full of dishes~



And I just have to add a picture of this, it's a 10lb bag of flour that I found in the big freezer in the garage~



That last picture is funny because I ended up making the cupcakes and brownies with a mix because I thought I was out of flour, I had just enough to make the banana bread in the jar I keep in the pantry. When I buy flour I always put it in the freezer to kill all the little things in it that I don't want and I had forgotten about it, how dumb am I ???

I have a couple of Bible verses I came across today that really spoke to my heart. I have been going through a hard time these past few weeks and when I read these verses today I actually felt at peace about the whole stupid situation
Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you Bless those who curse you and pray for those who spitefully use you. Luke 6:27-28 and also in Luke
Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not and you shall not be condemnmed. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Give, and it will be given to you ; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that  you use, it will be measrued back to you.  Luke 6:37-38

I have  felt both used and judged these past few weeks, but my heart is a peace now after reading some great parts of the Word. I was starting to feel a little stuck in the back and forth almost childish way to have been dealing with something, not only on my part but the part of the other person. I can only control my actions and not someone else's but I have played a definate roll and I do take full and complete responsibility for it all. Thankfully I forgive people who hurt me all because My God forgives me.

Thanks again for visiting my blog, may you have a very blessed rest of the week.
Blessings,JoAnn


1 comment:

Little Penpen said...

Hey You! Glad to see you again! Your redwork is coming along nicely... that pattern has always been one of my fav's... but what a project!! It's huge, isn't it? Maybe I'll tackle it one day. Your baked goods look yummy... and you sound like me with the flour ordeal!!! I 'tried' to make biscuits... two times in a ROW... using the wrong flour. I finally grabbed the right bag and made some more.. and they didn't turn out well either. I need to learn to make a good biscuit!!